If you or somebody you care about sustains an injury in a motorcycle crash that was caused by another person’s careless or negligent actions, you may be able to recover compensation from an insurance carrier or through a personal injury lawsuit. However, victims often wonder how long it will take to receive the compensation they need. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, our Philadelphia motorcycle accident attorneys in Philadelphia want to discuss these cases and how quickly you can expect to receive the money you need.
Every motorcycle accident case is different
According to data from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, we know that there were more than 2,700 total motorcycle accidents reported during the latest year of data available. Out of these incidents, there were more than 2,600 injuries and 164 fatalities.
Motorcycle cases are largely handled similarly to other car accidents. Claims are filed with insurance carriers, and settlements are made based on which party was at fault for the incident and how severe the damages are. If you are a motorcyclist that was struck by another vehicle, you may be waiting for your settlement. How long you wait depends on several factors.
Motorcycle accident insurance settlement time frames will differ depending on:
- The severity of the injuries: When motorcycle accident injuries are severe, it can be impossible to know right away how much compensation the injured victim will end up needing. While an insurance carrier may push for a quick settlement, that may not always be in the best interest of the injured victim.
- Whether the fault is clear in the case: If it is clear which party was at fault for the incident, settlement may happen more quickly. However, if a case requires extensive investigation because there is a dispute over who is at fault, a settlement may take longer.
- The fairness of a settlement offer: Insurance carriers are notorious for making low settlement offers. They are trained negotiators and will look to pay as little as possible in a settlement. If an insurance company does not offer enough for your case, negotiations may extend the settlement process.
- A lawsuit: If an insurance carrier refuses to offer a fair settlement, it may be necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit. This can greatly extend the timeframe for a settlement, but it may be worth it in the long run to receive maximum compensation.
Let us get to work today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, contact an experienced attorney immediately. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, you can count on our team to investigate every aspect of your case so we can secure maximum compensation, including:
- Coverage of all motorcycle crash-related medical bills
- Lost wages if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Possible physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need a Philadelphia motorcycle accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.