When you go onto another person’s property, you should never have to worry about being harmed. When a property owner fails to take steps to keep their guests safe, they could be held liable for injuries. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we are here to help if you or a loved one have been injured on someone else’s property. Our premises liability lawyers will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
How do premises injuries arise in Allentown?
It would be difficult to list all of the ways that a person can be injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner. However, the following are the most common causes of premises injuries:
- Slip and fall or trip and fall incidents: These are the most common causes of premises injuries, and they happen primarily due to:
- Slips on spills that have not been cleaned by staff
- Store merchandise in patron pathways
- Cords running across the floor
- Absent “wet floor” signs after cleaning
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Poor overall property maintenance: Property owners must regularly inspect and maintain their premises, ensuring they take care of any patron hazards. This can prevent:
- Store displays/shelving from falling onto guests
- Trips on cracks in pavement or floor surfaces
- Fire hazards or inadequate fire suppression equipment
- Furniture collapse in hotels or other establishments
- Inadequate security: This is a major problem for parking lots and apartment complexes, as well as busy shopping centers. Adequate security should include:
- Working lighting in all guest or resident areas
- Functional locks on doors and windows
- Proper surveillance equipment
- Security guard patrols if necessary
- Chemicals usage: Most establishments use chemicals, whether for cleaning, inside pools, or as a part of their business operation. Employees should always use and store chemicals properly to prevent guests from being improperly exposed and harmed.
- Dog bites or attacks: These incidents are a common premises liability problem. More than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year, and the dog’s owner is often to blame for the incident.
What are the common injuries that occur in these cases?
Our Allentown premises liability attorneys regularly help clients with the following premises injuries:
We are ready to help you through this
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a property owner, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we are going to help you through this. We will use our resources to investigate what happened and establish liability. Our goal is to secure compensation for the following:
- Your medical expenses related to the premises incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
If you need an Allentown premises liability attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.